- Services & Support
Transaction Systems Performance Management
The Application Performance Management Challenge
Whether you are managing a large HR application or a customer-facing database-intensive Web application, when application performance issues arise it can easily become a red-alert, bet-your-job situation. Effective application performance management focuses on keeping applications running optimally, minimizing downtime and meeting service-level agreements. These are not simple tasks in today’s complex computing environments. The modern application environment is increasingly complicated to manage and protect.
A fundamental challenge for application managers is to get a comprehensive view of this complex application environment — a view that helps them immediately identify and remediate application performance issues, address compliance regulations and minimize operating costs.
Teleran’s Solution – Continuous Application Performance Monitoring and Analysis
Teleran’s application performance monitoring and real-time analysis capabilities enable IT to improve performance and manageability across enterprise applications, while reducing support and system costs. Teleran’s solution provides a “top-down” and -“bottom-up” perspective by capturing granular performance and usage information across key dimensions of the application environment. These include named business users, application activity, SQL transactions and data usage, as well as database performance, errors and result-set metrics.
Teleran’s Online transaction processing (OLTP) solution delivers real-time visibility and insight into application performance by transforming monitored data into actionable performance-management information. It does this with performance dashboards, exception alerts and detailed analysis modules, based on a sophisticated but easy-to-use business-intelligence technology.
- Reduces time to identify, diagnose and correct complex performance problems
- Provides real-time performance analytics for application performance monitoring and diagnostics
- Minimizes risk of down time and application failure with proactive diagnostics and alerts
- Improves application usability by detecting application errors encountered at the database
- Provides continuous monitoring, without any overhead on the database or increase in application latency
- Delivers management dashboards and detailed analyses that provide value to the entire application-support team
This Fortune 100 company, a leader in Six Sigma and TQM manufacturing, had developed a high volume global customer-facing application. This highly visible web-based system was responsible for booking a large percentage of their sales by their internal sales force, independent sales reps and customers. Outages and brownouts meant lost revenue, lower profits, and customer dissatisfaction.