- Services & Support
Database Migrations and Consolidations
Information Technology Challenge: Delivering Successful Database Consolidations and Migration Solutions
IT organizations are continually asked to do more with less by driving costs out of IT process and systems. Application and database consolidations and migrations are opportunities to achieve substantial cost savings, but they don’t come for free. As more resources are devoted to migrations and consolidations, organizations are seeking ways to reduce the time, cost and risks associated with these projects.
Teleran’s Solution – Executing Faster, with Lower-Risk Consolidations and Migrations
Teleran’s consolidation and migration assessment solution minimizes the time to completion, the cost and manpower as well as the risks of consolidations and migrations. Teleran does this by providing insight into actual user and application usage patterns and resource demands. Teleran’s automated process identifies issues in the current environment that represent risks to a smooth and timely consolidation and migration project. It also guides the design of optimally performing and efficient consolidated database models.
Without Teleran’s automated solution, the assessment process consumes weeks of time and labor. Worse, it usually captures just a small sample, or anecdotal and often inaccurate descriptions of actual usage. Teleran’s definitive process significantly reduces project time and labor needed to collect usage information and to thoroughly analyze it. This reduces “trial-and-error surprises” that add significant time, costs and risks to consolidation and migration projects.
- Reduces time and cost to complete consolidations and migrations
- “Pre-optimizes” your environment for smooth consolidations and migrations
- Minimizes risks and surprises that slow projects and increase costs
- Ensures that consolidations and migrations meet business needs and expectations
- Reduces ongoing application support and database operating costs
- Pinpoints user and application issues that increase support cost and reduce productivity
- Highlights opportunities and problems in the overall environment that are not visible using database monitoring tools
This company's IT organization selected Oracle Exadata as a foundation component of their ongoing information management strategy because of its fast performance and scalability. IT's objectives were to deliver the Oracle Exadata performance benefits to the business as soon as possible and to minimize project costs. As they planned the migration of both Oracle and DB2 databases, the company's IT management determined that additional capabilities were required to accelerate the migration process and reduce risks associated with moving business- critical systems to the new platform.