- Services & Support
What is Big Data?
90% of the world’s data has been generated in just the last two years. Each day another 2.5 quintillion bytes of data are created. Big Data is here – with a vengeance. According to the IT research firm, Gartner, Big Data has these characteristics:
Big Data comes from everywhere: from posts to social media sites, on-line purchase transactions, weather sensors, and digital pictures and videos posted online. Huge and growing volumes of structured, semi-structured and unstructured data are streaming into organizations at a faster and faster rate. Companies are applying a range of technologies do deal with Big Data such as massively parallel processing (MPP) databases, distributed databases and file systems, cloud computing and scalable storage systems among others.
A real challenge and an opportunity in this more complex and varied Big Data world is to make sure your company establishes the right analytical and data management processes to deliver better intelligence to the business. This is where Teleran comes in. For structured and semi-structured Big Data stored in relational databases, Teleran delivers these key benefits:
- Ensures performance as data volumes and analytical complexity increases
- Streamlines and focuses data management by identifying what data is most used and valued by the business and what data should be discarded, summarized or stored off-line
- Reduces operating costs by identifying inefficient analyses, ineffective support processes and wasteful system resource use
- Ensures compliance with PCI, HIPAA, Sarbanes-Oxley and other compliance regulations that require the protection of sensitive data
- Optimizes analytical processes by profiling and analyzing “best practices” analyses in the context of the business objectives
Let Teleran help you tackle these Big Data challenges with our Visibility and Control solutions specifically designed to help companies leverage their analytics, BI, data warehousing and Big Data for business benefits.